Friday 9 September 2011

Family affairs and such

When people are horrid about babies dying whether it be still birth, or general baby/infant loss- I hate the people who say "Well I hope it happens to them, too!" I wouldn't wish this feeling on anyone!
I broke down last night and it was horrid. Really sobbing, and a "why me" episode. It's the whole cliché of "It happens to other people". So to have become one of those "other people", it seems so unbelievable to me, and such a slap of reality.
I feel so protective over any pregnant person. But especially my sister in-law (well, kind of- we're not married to the brothers yet but will be :) ) found out her and my brother in-law are expecting identical twins at their twelve week scan six weeks ago. We were so surprised because of the closeness of our pregnancies and also the fact they are both identical twin pregnancies! To my relief, our loss didn't cast a shadow on how we would feel of their new-found joy. We felt it right along with them, as I wish anyone a healthy and happy pregnancy. Of course, Lee and I feel nervous for them because of what happened to us, but we both have a mutual feeling that the little bundles of joy will be right as rain.
I also feel protective over my sister in-law because she was their pretty much every step of my pregnancy as someone to talk to from afar. It's a shame there is such a considerable distance between where we both live but I had the pleasure of meeting her for the first time earlier this year when she was on the Isle of Man. I also met Lee's other brother and fiancé and it was lovely to finally meet them- so now I have met all three of his brothers, which is nice.
We visited Bishop Auckland in April last year to stay with Lee's Nana and Granddad Wade. Where I didn't bargain on meeting his mother also, who had surprised us by coming to stay. Her poor Mini suffered a 7 hour haul along the motorway, if my memory serves me right. We took a trip down to Hull, where Lee's brother and his fiancé live where we stayed the night and me and my sister in-law won Monopoly! Ha, and they said they were good...

1 comment:

  1. You have such a big heart. I hope you and Lee much joy in enjoying your new twin neices or nephews!

    ReplyDelete