Friday 5 August 2011

Another blog, already!?

Yes, already.

My God, my heart is heavy today.
From the moment I got up this morning I have been thinking why I didn't spend more time with Christopher. Although a lot of things try and bounce in to my mind and answer that question (Harry, for instance), I kick them out.
I guess it's because someone posted in a support group that they'd taken their baby home, and another said they had their baby in the room two days after they had passed.
What happened was, I'd had Christopher in the recovery room with me after theatre, where he was baptised and also passed away, and I held him while I was wheeled to my room, family and my best friend came in and they all held him and then passed back to me. Then not long after he was taken downstairs to rest.
I had some sleeping tablets and went to meet my boy Harry at about twenty to six... I didn't see Christopher again until the day after when we held him and took more photographs.
I'm torturing myself as to why I didn't spend more time with him. I hope this feeling goes soon. It's killing me :-(

1 comment:

  1. I have the same feelings hun, I wish I'd done this, that. It's so easy to beat ourselves up about it. I have to remind myself that I did all I could at the time and so did you. No matter what we would've done, there would never have been enough time and there would always be "what ifs". Hugs xxxx

    ReplyDelete