Thursday 24 November 2011

Today, I'm thankful.

Today I'm thankful for being able to sit here in my pyjamas, hair scraped back, and watching Harry play in his bouncer chair. I'm thankful for good health when others have the flu (Hmm, is it safe to say that? Watch this space). Okay, so I know Thanksgiving isn't a holiday where I am but having a lot of American friends now, they inspired me to think of all the things I am grateful for.
Like loving parents who support me in everything I do, who have taken me places some people can only dream of going to. The fact they own a business I can work in, a job that I enjoy and can't wait to get back to. The reason I am a sociable person and not afraid to talk to strangers sitting next to me on the bus and become friends with them. I respect my elders and am determined to show them teenagers aren't all bad, and that respect goes both ways. The way they brought me up is the way I intend to bring my son up.
I'm thankful for Lee who sticks by me even when I whinge at him, I shout and I'm unfair. The way he is a proud daddy and would do anything for Harry. The way he has surprised me and grown up, accepted his responsibilities and started having more respect for people, love and money.
I'm thankful for friends, the family we choose for ourselves. My best friends who listen to me and are great company. They have stuck with me through everything, and they're not afraid to speak their mind and put me right.

1 comment: