Monday 24 March 2014

Milestones

Harry is potty training! Something that felt like it was out of reach a few weeks ago is something we finally have in our grasp. I'm thrilled. But also sad, it's yet another thing Harry will no longer need me for. He's growing up so fast, and there are a ton of emotions going through me as he reaches milestones.
I've been through every milestone with him, we do it together and he surprises me every time with how fast he learns and how he copies things people around him do, he's like a sponge taking in everything.
First it was his birth, he cried out loud letting us all know he was here and safe, they'd done it! Together they had beaten the odds and Harry and Christopher had made it through a stressful pregnancy. I honestly don't think they could have done it without each other and if I could just have them back snuggled where they were... Together.
Then it was eating and his weight, Harry's weight piled on. He loved his milk, and it was one thing I was able to do for him, with him being in Special Care from 32 weeks and 4 days. He only spent three and a half weeks in there before becoming all mine. For those weeks, thanks to my mum, dad and Lee, I was up at the hospital two to three times a day. So it was no surprise when due to stress and exhaustion, my milk ran out from one boob, and much to my dismay I had to stop breast feeding. I was truly gutted, but it was out of my control.
Every time I would compare him to other children, he would surprise me and suddenly start doing what I was worrying about. Children should never be underestimated, they are very clever and need to be encouraged and celebrated at every achievement, and learn how to lose gracefully.
I just feel a huge sense of pride for my boys, and I will always celebrate them like they deserve to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment